State of the Shake
Here’s what we did last week.
Yearly subscriptions. Significantly sped up page loading by generating summaries of counts.In short: perma-link pages went from 100ms to 20ms to load. What this also means is we can now present total views/likes/saves on your files. We’re doing that this week. Speed.Oh yeah! Release the API.GO GET IT.
Here’s what we’re doing this week:
Add Facebook sharing button.Did this in the morning. Seems to be working but if you have any feedback about it we’d appreciate it.
- Bookmarklet. Finally, a way to share files and videos without a plugin. Also good for when you’re on a mobile device.
- New user welcome pages, home page, and finding people and shakes to follow pages.
- User counts: total likes, views, and shared files.
- List of shakes on their user page.
- Making it clearer on friend shakes where the file also lives (e.g, User shake)
I think I’m missing something. We’ll update this page if anything changes. We do still want to add the ability to rotate an image and auto-rotate if there is orientation data. The priority is just lower.